My mother was depressed and the doctor gave her olanzapine, she took it for 2 months but stopped

Posted , 5 users are following.

my mother took olanzapine for 2 months but stopped taking it after the side effects and now she is suffering from withdrawal symptoms, can anybody tell for how long it will last?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Everyone reacts differently to side affects and withdrawal symptoms of these very potent drugs!

I stopped taking Olanzepine without tapering because the Doctors weren't listening when I was in no doubt it was altering my true self with bad side affects

It was one hell of a ride that lasted a good 6 months causing me a sorts of grief both physically and mentally but I hung in there and eventually I got back to feeling myself without that nasty drug.

It scared the damn daylights out of me and I never should of been prescribed such a drug in the first place! A serious case of misdiagnose!

I hope yr Mum hangs in there too😊

• Posted

Thank you sir for giving me hope, I am worried as she is not herself and the symptoms are on and off leaving her confused

• Posted

HI

I'm not a Sir😏 A mature female!

I was 2017 when I had to endure this horrible experience!

To help counteract my extreme withdrawal symptoms I really stepped up in looking after myself......

Daily gentle exercise i.e yoga with meditation, super nutritious food and quality multivitamins

It's definitely no joke and I wish yr Mum feels herself real soon😊

• Posted

Hi Karogers ,

How long have you been Olanzapine and what dose before you stopped cold turkey?

Did you manage to fully recover ?

• Posted

Hello

It is now a couple of years ago I endured that awful medication experience including the terrible cold turkey withdrawal symptoms! Against my better judgement and constant questioning I was kept on Olanzapine for a good year and went cold turkey on a dose of about 2.5mg hving been started on 10mg. The withdrawal symptoms were nothing short of hell but I was determined to ride it through as within 48hrs of stopping I could suddenly start thinking clearly/speaking much more freely. It took me a good 5 months to be totally free of withdrawal sideaffects! I made myself go to the gym almost daily and also did yoga classes lots of walking and ate very nutritionally with advised supplements!

That horror drug should not be allowed/prescribed!

I wish you all the best with your medication withdrawal but advice doing it cold turkey can be very rough and also quite dangerous so consult with a Doctor who will really listen to your concerns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.