Common Cold Issues-Started out as Cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good Morning Everyone,

The evening before last, I started to develop a cough that I though I was a dusty allergy. I had a tickle in my throat which would be relieved when I cough. Yesterday afternoon I felt like I was developing post -nasal drip. Other than feeling stuffed up, congestion, and a low grade fever, I have no other cold symptoms. I went to bed early last night, and woke up feeling better with less congestion. Now I feel my post nasal drip is getting somewhat worse although it is not severe.

Is this just a different, less acute strand of the common  cold virus because normally I start out with a sore throat and then my cough is a lot worse and I sneeze a lot more.

Any input

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I'm M.Rahma MD..

This is most likely a common cold infection , but you can take a blood sample for Total white blood cells with deferential .. then you can take anti congestion such as "trivate plus".

And you gonna be alright.

• Posted

So five days later, I have no other cold symptoms except for a post nasal drip cough. The low grade fever that I had is gone now as is for stuffed nose. 

How long will it take for this cough to go away? It feels better than it was last week but still am clearing my throat a lot and coughing although I am not coughing anything up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.