Common wart - surrounding skin burned too sore not sure how to proceed. Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I attempted to treat a 7mm wart on my finger with salycilic acid and apple cider vinegar. In hindsight I should have been more patient and used less but im squeamish wanted it rid.

Midway thru self treating I had to call 111 because pus came out when filing and it appeared infected. I saw an emergency doc within 6 hours, and got an antibiotic, as he classed it as a minor infection. He advised to keep using the Salycilic acid alongside the antibiotic.

However that night after treating some more I realised I put extra strength bazuka on to the surrounding area thinking it will peel off and I thinking it will treat some of the infection as pus was coming still oozing out slightly. It was hard to know what to do.

However I realised my mistake and remembered the instructions sad to only apply to wart. I took it off only to take off the top layer of skin and half a dead wart (and a lot of the infection.)

What is left is a large part of black wart embedded in red raw skin. This is taking up quite a large very grim part of my finger.

I cleaned it up and put a plaster but panicking now. How on earth am I going to continue to kill the remaining wart with anything if the without protective skin around it. I almost thought it was bleeding it was that red. Please can someone advise i'm severely depressed. I have a regular GP appt in 7 days but dont know if this needs quicker treatment.

I guess the sensible thing to do will be to see if the surrounding skin heels however I kind of want to sterilise some tweezerz and tweeze the remaining wart out as I have quite good access. I will prob be more sensible and wait but I read online that others have removed these things themselves. I could bandage it or go A&E if it bleeds too much. I am taking antibiotics so might be okay as with half of it embedded I feel like it will start to grow back.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hlsona

I would probably let the air get to it! If it's sore and full of puss. If you keep it covered the  bacteria  will grow as they like dark warm places!! I don't really not much else sorry I cannot be a help to you 

• Posted

Thank you. I've taken the plaster of but during work I will need to make sure its covered and also at night time as dont want it to spread. I think Ive burned off most of the infection and the oral antibiotic has helped. I just dont know how to treat and remove the black wart which is embdedded in red sore skin. Applying treatments is difficult as I dnt want to cause any more damage. But im going to continue applying the extra strenght bazuka and just a tiny drop to the centre of the wart. The surrounding red area will be covered in aquaphor to protect it. I think the wart is dying but unless its out im going to continue treating it.  I dnt understand why mine has turned out so bad after one treatment of ACV when others apply this every night for two weeks! Can anyone suggest how to make the red raw skin heal quickly?

• Edited

I'm only seeing this now but I am absolutely shocked that you called 111, have a regular gp appt and may even consider attending A&E because of a wart. I'm sorry if I seem insensitive, but these NHS services, especially A&E are for people who are ill or have an emergency!

• Edited

Thats okay that you come across insensitive. It really is some people just need educating...

111 did class it as an emergency, it was a deep infected wound something I hope you or no one you know else has to suffer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.