community tips for physical anxiety symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

we all suffer from the awful physical symptoms of anxiety. i thought it would be a good idea for people to post their physical symtoms and positive ways they find some relief which may help others coming here searching for answers. please list any physical symtoms and what helps you. maybe we can give at least someone some relief.

1. feeling like im going to faint in large spaces or crowded shops, especially at checkouts. i very slowly count back from 10 in my head. I'll repeat until ive calmed down.

2. tension headaches. a warm compress helps me more than any headache relief tablets. i use one of those teddies you can put in a microwave but you can buy specific headbands off amazon.

3. waking up in blind panic. i close my eyes a list things i can physically feel now through senses. e.g 5 things i can hear, 5 things i can see eg my bed, the window, my dresser ect keep it simple, 4 things i can touch eg my nose, the floor with my feet my clothes...3 things i can smell, washing powder, my stinky dog! 2 things hear eg cars, the rain outside 1 thing i can taste eg toothpaste. really simple things but by the time i finish i always feel calmer.

please add yours for anyone who might be looking for help

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.