complet list/thread on bhp surgical options along with advantages and posible complications

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was starting to make a list of all possible surgical options for bph along with advantages , what the procedure is better for (ie someone with large medium lobe) and possible complications. i thought id start it as a thread with all to add. if anyone knows how to make a sticky note on this thread please let me know so i can make it easier to read. (i'll start a separate thread on non surgical procedures in near future.)

TURP - Transurethral resection of the prostate

TUMT - Transurethral microwave thermotherapy

TUNA - Transurethral needle ablation

GreenLight /PVP - Photoselective vaporization of the prostate

HoLEP  - Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate

UroLift

Rezum

FLA - Focal laser ablation

Please free free to add any other procedures, advantages , disadvantages, etc.

thank you

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

SInce the software does not allow me to update the original post, i will add updated list as time goes on.

updated list:

Button Turp (advantages over Turp such as less bleeding)

UroLift

Rezum

Itind

Aquablation

ep (ejaculation preserving) TURP.

CIC (self catherization). Not a surgery, but it is a procedure abeit done by the self and serves the same purpose as the surgeries when meds don't work are not tolerated well.

PLEASE  free free to add any other procedures, give advantages , disadvantages, etc. and i will add

• Posted

I would add PAE (Prostate Artery Embolization) to this list.

IMO, least invasive of the surgical procedures.

• Posted

Is PAE an appropriate procedure for someone that develops bladder stones?
    • Posted

I don't know the answer to your question. PAE only affects the arteries feeding the prostate.

Do you know what causes bladder stone development?

• Posted

further updated list - added PAE

ALSO _ PLEASE LIST ADVANTAGES OR DISADVANTAGES/ RISKS , IF KNOWN

SInce the software does not allow me to update the original post, i will add updated list as time goes on.

updated list:

Button Turp (advantages over Turp such as less bleeding)

UroLift

Rezum

Itind

Aquablation

ep (ejaculation preserving) TURP.

PAE

CIC (self catherization). Not a surgery, but it is a procedure abeit done by the self and serves the same purpose as the surgeries when meds don't work are not tolerated well.

PLEASE  free free to add any other procedures, give advantages , disadvantages, etc. and i will add

• Posted

Is there any evidence that Saw Palmetto shrinks the prostate? 

Are there at least a handful of success stories with this herb on these forums?

Also, are there many who have avoided surgery with Proscar and were able to tolerate the side effects?

• Posted

In my case in the around nine years I took it for my prostate grew from 35 grms to 75 grms. While it didn't shrink it but I have no way of knowing if it slowed its growth. 

• Posted

PAE good option  except patient with Big median lobe   ( poor results )  , Stan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.