Complete despair - LS taking over entire upper body, arms and legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi again,

I've been away for a while trying to deal with this, but over the last 6 months this LS has started to take over my enire upper body, it's now spreading down my arms and legs.  I have many large patches (e.g. 6-7 inches) of LS on my chest, back etc.  And lots of small patches that are growing in size every day.  

I have tried to cut out as much sugar as possible over the last several months.  It doesn't seem to have helped.  I take strong 180mg antihistamines for the itching, sometimes they take the edge off. I put steroid cream on but there are so many areas and it covers so much of my skin I'm worried about using too much.

The LS areas feel hot to the touch, I don't feel hot, but my skin is hot, in the areas that have LS. 

I am so stressed out coninually with my neighbours (screaming kids etc), job etc.  I'm moving house to try and ease the stress in the long term as I am convinced it doesn't help.  I've gone part time at work to try and ease the stress too.

I am so depressed that this is spreading, seemingly non-stop all over my body.

Just came back on here to check in, and update.  No improvement, just worsening every day.  And I don't know what to do!!!

Andrew

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Andrew I tried to post something that I think might help but it is being reviewed by our moderator.  

I think we need a new rule for this site.  People that have been posting regularly for over a year should be able to recommend a product that has really helped them.    I understand that there are people out there that are trying to sell stuff online, but these people are easily spotted and have usually just joined the site.  As I said, if someone has been posting on this site for over a year and wants to try and help someone by mentioning something that has helped them..where is the harm in that?  Honestly, this is the only site that I know of that is so strict about this...I think its just a bit of common sense, and lets face it we are not really getting a lot of help from the doctors are we?  

• Posted

Same here, Guppy! My comments are routinely deleted -- and I'm not selling ANYTHING. Just recommending what is helping end my misery, and hoping it helps someone else. Just yesterday FOUR comments were deleted.
    • Posted

I know.  I have ulcerative colitis and the support group that I frequent regularly has people suggesting products/stuff that helps.  I think its too rigid here, really, we need a bit of slack, these are NOT state secrets that we are giving out..just stuff from regulars (like me) that have been posting for well over a year. 
    • Posted

Thanks anyway, I appreciate everyone taking the time to write.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.