Complete hysterectomy on 12/05:2017

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I have had normal problems. But, I have had issues that I wasn’t aware of before surgery.  Not that I would have changed my mind, but do wish I had known before hand. The swelling is quite servere. I’m

Still swollen to the point that clothes do not fit right. The bloating and bowel issues are more uncomfortable than the insicions, my opinion. I finally used milk of mag. And The bladder and kidneys can be infected. And the smell and drainage out of the belly button and pelvic incision is not uncommon. And the extreme exhaustion is normal. And....ongoing nose bleeds is not uncommon. Hope this helps.  

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Wow. Are you saying this is all happening 7mths on from hysterectomy
    • Posted

No. It’s been 5 weeks. Things are looking up. The swelling and bladder are still issues. It’s not as bad as I made it seem I guess. I was just disappointed that I didn’t do better research. I foolishly went into it thinking it would be a piece of cake.  
    • Posted

Oh yes of course. In NZ we write the 1st 2 lots of digits (day and month) other was round
  • Posted

Hi carol, the bowel issues seem to be quite common with this surgery so I will be sure to get all my bowel medicine in before I go have my surgery ,😳 Not looking forward to having issues with my bowels so I will try to get prepared lol  and a lot of people have said about swollen belly too so I have bought some very loose clothes to wear till it goes down , hope you start to feel more like yourself soon . Xx

• Posted

Hi karma way, yes I've heard peppermint is really good for helping with wind!or gas !lol so that will be on my shopping list too .xx

• Posted

Yes it's the waiting and,the thought that it may be cancelled as I live in Staffordshire England and the nhs is in a bit of a crisis at the moment with winter admissions so, there is a bed shortage and lots of operations are getting cancelled , so hopefully mine will go ahead will keep you posted .xx

• Posted

I was there for 7 am and strangely saw an old school friend there. I went in, hers was camcelled as they had no beds left. I’m in Cornwall. Fingers crossed for you, you’ll feel so much better once it’s all done ♥️.
    • Posted

Thanks, that's what iam hoping 👍 I will let you know and, thank you for your kind words .xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.