Complete left foot numbness

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am brand new here and just spent 17 days in the hospital and was finally diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Chrugs-Strauss syndrome or EGPA. Part of the disease is nerve damage.

My question is my foot is completely numb i have to wear a boot just to walk and im on gabapentin 300mg in am and pm. My rheumatologist says the nerve damage may or may not reverse. Does anyone else suffer complete loss of feeling? What do you do? The burning achey firey pain is unbearable!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may like to check with the Vasculitis Society, Vasculitis UK, if you are in UK.
  • Posted

Sorry your having such a bab time of it. Every doctor that i have talked to says the same thing, they don't know if the nerve damage will heal itself or not. My experiance and knowledge tells me that it will not. I have preferial neurophy in both my feet. It started about ten years ago and took me two years to find out what was caucing it. Nerve damage is caused by something and the best thing is find the cause and treat it so the nerve damage does not get worse. You do know what caused it now you must try to control the EPGA to prevent the nerve damage from progressing further.

A couple things that i do to just take the edge off of the pain and discomfort. I take 2 mg of cloesoapam at night to get some sleep and take away a little of the pain. try wearing pure wool socks( hunting boot socks) at night, something about the wool makesyour feet feel better. 

Meds ...stay away from opioids because they will actually make the pain feel worse. Be weary of people and  doctors that say they can make the pain go away, they want your money. 

You might want to think about seeking the help of a mental healh professional. I did and it helped with dealing with the pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.