Completely addicted to Zopiclone!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am at the point where I am taking up to 14 tabs in two days. This has happened twice now.

My doctor is aware of my addiction. She has me on a slow taper but I can't even control myself....i will take too many and always run out....and then go through horrible w/d........please help me. ---- J

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Only you can take care of yourself. somehow you need to know you are a human being and I am sure you are loved by some or many people. Love yourself and know that in your heart you can do this. You have to be a part of it. Have someone else control your pills for you or talk to someone that has been in your position. It IS very hard but believe in yourself. It is better to feel slightly miserable for a month than have the no pills days that you endure. Trust me, it is not easy. Have faith in yourself and then one day you will be able to help someone else. Keep your chin up and try slowly tapering. Good luck my friend. Keep us updated.
    • Posted

Thank you Ruby. I don't have a lot of support...mainly bc I'm so ashamed of myself that I just don't tell anyone. This is the first time I've ever told anyone (besides) my doc about it. I have other substance issues as well and I feel like I'm less than, or beneath those 'normal" people so I don't make friends and I don't reach out.

I have extremeit low self esteem so thank you for saying the things you said....ill probably read them over and over.

J

• Posted

I had a drug addiction in 2004 and 2005. Not to Benzo's but highly dangerous. I cold turkey quit on June 30, 2005.

Quit drinking, smoking cigarettes and the bad drug. It was horrible. Ended up with skin issues from erosion of drugs coming out my body through skin and thought I wanted to die or was gonna die. I had the closest relationship with my adopted son and mom that I think anyone could have. No one knew what was going on. They just thought I was sick. Still took care of son and mom and I was a single mother. Wow to overcome that and then have a gp doctor that had me on Lorazepam for 20 years and never knew it was bad for me. So now I am not doing the cold turkey thing and just tapering. My pain management doctor is proud, which makes me feel better knowing the support. Maybe on this forum you can get the support you need. Or just to boost your spirits a little. Sure helped me and still is. I still have a couple months to go to get off the Lorazepam. have gone down 3mg to 1mg so far. One day at a time. Only think about today until tomorrow comes. will keep you in my thoughts.

• Posted

I am an addict through and through. I've quit all the hard stuff too and was so proud of myself only to get addicted again to opiates...that is still a huge struggle...but this Zopiclone....wow, it's like a compulsion. My thoughts are consumed with it day/night and I'm so sick and tired of it all....i know I can beat this I just need to reach out for support and not be so afraid.

J

• Posted

Jenny I too am addicted to Zopiclone I have taken it for ten years now!

I am talking to addaction - can you google them and see if they have one near you?

Also I have bought Russell Brands new book called Recovery, its a guide to come off addiction! Buy it!!

• Posted

THERE is no easy way out Jenny,  you have to cut down and taper off slowly.  It doesnt feel good  however after a couple of weeks you ll be ready to cut down again.   You r better to cut down then to run out.  
  • Posted

I take as many as I can get hold off . Go through packs a week but if I can't get any I feel like crap and usually turn to drink or diazpams and also in a anxious mode . Iv just decided to go cold turkey I'm on my second day and feel scares to leave my bed unless it's for food etc. But iv been on them years now it's time to stop and deal with the withdrawl. Hope u get better soon . I no there good at the time but they mangle your personality x

• Posted

Speak to a doctor and stop the zopiclone and use the diazapam to come off
  • Posted

Jenny, you'll be ok . It might take a little while but you'll be just fine. Please please never ever, beat yourself up about about how near impossible some days can really be. This is not an easy path. Ruby slippers wrote such beautiful heart rendering words. Hold those words close to you heart. Sending you a hug and a prayers and strength. You'll be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.