Completely at a stand still got a diagnosis still scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

It started December 2018 I remember the night very clearly I was at home and I was listening to music loudly in my beats headphones and I was playing around acting silly and bobbing my head back and forth really hard violently as they do at rock concerts and after that I had went to sleep and I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I noticed my head felt funny a feeling I’ve never felt before no pain no nothing just a funny feeling but I didn’t let it bother me I went to lay back down thinking it’ll blow over which it didn’t then a couple of days later I went to the doctor and told them I had been having a funny feeling in my head there’s no headache it’s just a foggy feeling that I cannot describe and I told them what I had been doing the night I felt that but nothing had been done then I went back a couple of days later again and was given a CT scan, they said my scan came back normal as well as my blood tests I was then sent home. Still feeling the same way, mind you I am a very worrisome person so I started thinking about this everyday looking up symptoms on google scaring myself constantly months passed and I was still feeling the same way on and off that’s my only symptom it goes and comes back. Then I had an episode of heart palpitations that I believe had come from me staying up all night watching tv on the game and etc and falling asleep at 3,4,5 in the morning and sleeping and doing that over and over again which scared me and I was put on a heart monitor I had to wear for 2 weeks throughout that time I was constantly stressed out thinking about what was wrong with me I couldn’t sleep I barely wanted to eat and I started feeling funny my body had been tingling everyday non stop that eventually went away now back to the weird feeling in my head the not being able to sleep went away and the tingling went away. At this time I find out that I am pregnant i believe it’s April-May 2019 I’m super excited but yet I still have the odd sensation in my head I don’t know what’s causing it still, also I have this weird numbness on the right side of my face it’s not really a numbness like dentist numbness it just feels weird I can’t explain that too well either but I went to my primary doctor and she said it could be from unresolved stress and that it’s no cause for alarm so I go with that because it comes and goes and then I ask her could it be related to MS she refers me to a neurologist but before I see the neurologist I start seeing flashes of light in my eyes so I go to see an eye doctor he notices my optic nerve in my right eye is swollen and he asks if I’m pregnant I tell him yes he says this could be the reason why so he refers me to a neurologist I see a neurologist explain everything I’m explaining to you guys here and he sets up a MRI scan those were his words and schedules me for a lumbar puncture the same week I go for my MRI and then that Friday I go in for my lumbar puncture he tells me that my veins look fine and there were no masses found (I’m thinking this whole time I had an MRI but I really had an MRV) so I go back into panic mode because he tells me I have another MRI I have to take for my optometrist/ophthalmologist but he gave me a lumbar puncture *not too bad and told me that my CSF was mildly elevated and it looks like it had been for a while now im thinking the weird feeling in my head has been from my CSF being elevated I had some relief after the lumbar puncture but I’m back to thinking I have a brain tumor which is terrifying me I go for an MRI tomorrow and I just can’t even think straight I’m trying my hardest not to stress again because I’m pregnant but I’m extremely scared and I just don’t know what to do at this point. The diagnosis my doctor gave me was IIH (idiopathic intracranial hypertension) but yet and still I have to take another MRI tomorrow I’m so scared. In my neurologists notes he says awaiting MRI to confirm normalcy as expected that gives me some ease but not enough to ease my mind.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

does it feel like this cushioning type if feeling in your head? like its constant but sometimes it goes away? and like someone is just clamping your head with their hands tightly? and theres this numbing feeling that feels numb but you can still feel? idk its weird to describe. do you get dizzy? and like theres this mental fog sometimes like you can still think but you feel like you cant?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.