Complex Acid Reflux Problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I have had smotach problems since I am a kid. I have been told I have acid reflux problem by two doctors. Almost 10 years ago, my first doctor prescribed Nexium. However after 4-5 days, I started having really bad stomach pain and nausea from the pills. So I stopped. Last year I went to see another doctor and he also recommended Nexium. He told me Nexium would not cause such stomach pain. Of course after 4-5 days, I started having the same side affects. I am getting desperate because my health is getting worst. I have a very strong breath odor coming from my stomach, I am super gassy all the time. I even get anal leakage in the night time to time. I am wondering if acid reflux can cause such symptoms and why Nexium is not helping. I would appreciate any help.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nexium made me feel worse. I will occasionally take a Tums or a Prevacid, but no more PPIs. Have you ever tried ACV? It helps me with stomach pain and bloating. Sometimes, we have low acid instead of high acid, in our stomach. Drs don't tell us this though. 

• Posted

Hello, how dreadful for you. Have you been to a Gastroenterologist - have you had an Endocscopy and colonoscopy? If not would be a very good idea to find out what is going on. It could be a myriad of things causing these symptoms. Hope you geet on track soon. Nexium also made me sick. I am now on Somac twhice a day and Motillium before meals
  • Posted

Did it ever occur to you that doctors don't know everything? Sometimes anxiety and improper diet can cause the probelm you're facing. If I were you, I'd watch my diet carefully. If you have anxiety problems, it is even more important to watch the diet because it can hinder proper digestion making even the slightest deviation very taxing on the stomach. 

We need to remember thta our bodies have tremendous recueprative powers if we just get out of the way. Using nexium, as you are finding out, is getting in the way. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.