Complex cyst appeared after cystectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I used to have abdominal pain on left side in 2013 and found that chocolate cyst and in 2015 my cyst grew up to 5cms and went through cystectomy through laparoscopy and biopsy results were normal. Thank God not CANCER.

I felt I m out of danger but within 10months after surgery cyst appeared and was 5.6cms with abnormal spottings inbetween periods. Doc ordered CA 125 and was normal. I was on progesterone shots and checked after 3 months cyst reduced from 5.6 to 3cms by 2016 Aug.

Did another scan in Jan 2017 same size no change but had scan today found that monster grew to 4.4cms.

I had severe side effects for progesterone shots.

Doc again toke blood samples for CA 125.

Bit nervous

Any suggestions will help me in proceeding further.

Thanks

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Worried that one of Doctor said that there is 1% chances of having Cancer in future.

I am super super scared.

• Posted

Hi sri,

Please try to look on the bright side (99% chance it isnt). Its very unlikley to be cancer. Read the stories on here. I havnt read one yet were it has turned out to be cancer. Try not to worry about it, im sure it will be ok.

Best wishes

Cheryl.x

• Posted

I had an ovarian cyst that was 6cms then grew to 9cms in just over a month, so had to have a ct scan and then progressed to removal after a month. When the cyst was removed it was reported to be only 7cms, not sure if it shrank because of hormones or measured incorrectly???

I had scar tissue which may have accounted for measurements being wrong but have since read scar tissue doesn't show on USS or CAT.

In essence don't be too worried about various reported sizes, I think it's when you get into double figures that things may proceed a bit quicker.

My cyst did rupture during surgery so not sure if measurements were taken before or after so may also be reason for discrepancy??

Surgeon was rubbish with info afterwards and follow up appointment wasn't much better, learnt more from my gp.

I think because your cysts appear to be changing in size both reducing and increasing I'd say you have a cyst of a certain size but perhaps is increasing in size along with an increase in normal hormone levels for you. (We naturally produce cysts each month)

To reiterate what had already been said most cysts are NOT cancerous. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.