Complex Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed as having a complex ovarian cyst after a transvaginal ultrasound last week. My doctor referred me to an OBGYN. Th OB called and next week wants a second ultrasound done. Is this necessary? If so, why? Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly, dont panic. it maybe they are just trying to get a better look at it. Have they told you how big it is ?

I had a complex cyst measuring 5cm x 7cm which was on my right ovary, because they couldn't be sure what it what it was I had it removed, along with my ovary and fallopian tube.

Have they told you anything else ? x

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I have not been told anything else. It was my doctor's nurse who called and told me that they were going to send me to an OB. They did say there was good blood flow to it.(?)

• Posted

if they need a better look they should be ordering an mri not a second ultrasound. thats what they did with my complex cyst

• Posted

Complex cyst needs to be double checked. I went through a MRI and they found some features that they still cant confirm until the surgery. So it would be worth asking why not MRI instead of a second ultrasound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.