Complex ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Ihad an ultrasound done just over a week ago which revealed 1

Cyst in my right ovary looks OK fluid filled and one on my left looks complex. They look about 2.5 cm . 2 days later they are asking me to have the blood test Ca125 the results came back yesterday my ca 125 is up!

So scared right now

Got my appointment with gyne tomorrow wed 29th july

Any advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't be scared just because of your CA125 being up - that can happen due to any infection in your body.  

Wait and see what the doctor's suggestion is. 

• Posted

Hi, I know how stressful all this must be with you. But try and relax best you can as if you are in any pain it will probably make it worse.

i have had loads of cyst, some which come and go and a few that I have had to had operation to remove them.

dont worry about the ca125 test as this can be raised very high because you have a cyst.... I was the same because of my results I was so stressed.

ca125 test can also be high because of other gyne problems such as endometriosis, cyst etc it doesn't have to be because of cancer which people always straight away think is the reason. Most of the time it isn't because of that from my exerperince and what many consultants and other patients have experienced too, but it is always correct procedure for the doctors to carry that out so try not to worry.

i have had many fluid filled cyst and I have had a complex cyst that eventually turned into a fluid filled cyst and burst. I first found out I had cyst and other gyne issues because I was in so much pain in 2013and was rushed into a&he where I had a dermoid cyst which grow very very big. Mine was 9cm, and I didn't know I had it or any other problems until I ended up in a&he. However it destroyed my ovary and tube on my right side and I had to have it removed. 

i started red having problems again and I had another operation in February where they removed a small cyst of my left ovary and one was near my bladder, but they also removed a fibroid tumour.. They are none cancerous but can cause a lot of pain and grow big.

the fact the doctor are watching your cyst is a good things, but most cyst do require a watch and wait as some do go away, it can take a few period cycles. But as long as ur not in pain and they are doing scans then that's good. 

Sounds like ur going in the right direction. 

My my advice is to make a note how ur bleeding is and any pain etc, and take it with you to ur appointments, even not down headache or sickness or even mood swings it's all worth it.

try not to get stressed sounds like ur having some answers tomorrow. Please let us know how u get on.... And if I can give u some advice on my personal experiences to help then let me know... As I could write loads more ha ha... 

• Posted

Sorry about my spelling, predictive text and am shattered tonight but thought I quickly write something as see ur appointment is tomorrow and would imagine ur stressing. X
  • Posted

Hi

OK went to see gyne consultant yesterday

She didn't say much really appart from she is not concerned at

The moment that is malignant but she won't know till she sees it really .

So have to have a laparoscopy possible laser treatment if their is endrimetriosis present and also have to have a hysteroscopy at same time with in 2 months

• Posted

Well I'm having surgery next Thursday 27 the August

Laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy and possible laser if endo present

Little worried as first surgery

I also have an inflamed stomach now too so am unable to take any pain killers, so I am in loads of pain.

• Posted

wondering how everything went? i have a complex cyst on my left ovary, had my right ovary removed 2 years ago, only 23 sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.