Complex symptoms of GERD/chest pain/back pain attacks

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi. first post, new here.

im after any advice and to see if anyone else experiances similar.

im 25, male, could do more exercise but otherwise a healthy weight etc with no health conditions.

long story short...

ill go a month, or two without this happening or may be twice in two weeks, definetly not a daily occurance.

ill be laying in bed when i start to feel these weird back pain that feels like its moving, will go into chest but lower chest, the back pain is mostly inbetween the shoulder blades. i even get a slightly achy jaw but not painful. it usually happens during a bad GERD episode, like id have heartburn and reflux before hand.

i dont know if this is down to GERD, possibly a muskoskeletal issue but im after answers.

i call these attacks. i think theyre down to gerd but they seem so much worse than most peoples experiances. when the come on they can last from 40 minutes to a few hours. the pains just move around, ive tried laying on the floor and rolling to see if its trapped wind or gerd but doesnt make any difference. doesnt matter what i do it just stays untik it goes. you have to ride it out.

never called an ambulance as slighly scared and my anxiety. plus dint want to waste anyones time. i know any chest pain you should call them.

this has been 4/5 years now and i end up fine. one the episode stops i can sleep. my muscles tense up because the pain, as for worrying if its a heart attack i do offen wonder. but have no other symptoms like sweating, neausea, short of breath, pressure and heavy chest.

i have to get out of bed and go on my own in the living room, ive never had this happen in the day to my knowledge. its happened often on holiday too, makes me think putting two and two together, alot of alcohol consumption, heavy eating because all inclusive.

its horrible, the worst pain ive ever felt. with the jaw ache, i do clench my jaw alot and have had corrective double jaw surgery, dont know if that plays a part. its stressful when it happens, its usually at night so i deal with it by myself.

ive tried to read forums etc and have found some similar occurances with others but not a lot.

does anyone have almost severe type chest and back pains, almost feels like trapped wind moving around your body at night and worse and spurs on when lying down?

its having a big affect on me now and looking for help. docs dont seem intrested and palm it off as GERD but not once had any tests apart from H.Pylori test and been put on lansoprezole a couple times due to gastritis and once because i was going on holiday and didnt want it to happen out there as its caused me panic attacks previously.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.