Complex Tumor, words of advice needed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I know nobody can really help me or tell me how things are going to go at this point, but I just need to get out these feelings and hopefully hear some other similar experiences.

To make a very long story short, I had a cyst rupture 2 months ago, but the gyn wasn't concerned, it happens. 1 month later I started having symptoms again. The gyn said I have a 5cm complex tumor and has told me I urgently need a CT scan and had me do the CA125 test. I have an aunt who had ovarian cancer. I'm only 32 and I have an 8 month old son.

If I only had mild symptoms, i'd likely not be concerned. However I have a lot of very extreme pain in my hips, low back and under arm on the same side as the tumor. I take NSAID's and prednisone for an autoimmune disorder and they do not even touch the pain. The hip pain is only at night, but I wake up in total agony, unable to even move for 5 minutes.

Has anyone experienced awful pain like this with a benign complex cyst? I would love to hear some reassuring stories, but I am also open to to hearing those that didnt have a positive outcome, as I want to be prepared. Thanks!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, praying that everything goes well with you and myself. In July I went to see my primary doctor because I felt a knot in my left groin area and I was told that it may be my ovaries. Well I'm already aware of having multiple fibroids in my uterus but my gynecologist told me not to worry. After feeling that knot, at night, my left leg would ache and my toes would go numb. I had a pelvic ultrasound just the other day and it showed the fibroids and a 3cm cyst on my right ovary BUT nothing could b seen on the left because I had overlying bowel gas that was covering my left ovary. I have to see my gynecologist tomorrow to see what's next.. my biggest concern is that knot in my groin area. .keep me informed and I'll do the same with you. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.