Complicated Headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ive been to the doctor a few times over a period of time about this but I dont really get much of a helpful response. Its just dismissed and I get told take painkillers.

So anyway about my headaches, its usally worse on a Saturday, I wake up with a funny feeling in my head and eyes, gradually getting worse and seeming to center in a particular spot in my head (top middle just to the right) if I do something to cause my heart to beat faster like stand up quickly or lift something it causes alot more severe pain in that 1 spot and I can feel there each beat of my heart, its like a sharp pain like ive been hit on that spot with a hammer. This type of headache will be with me all day long.

Its consistent, if I change my sleeping scedual even tho I give my self the same sleep time this will happen. This made alot lot worse if I sleep longer than my optimum time of just under 8 hours, I avoid that at all costs. If I have the right amount of sleep but stay in bed with my eyes closed and rest it will again be very bad, if I have the right amount of sleep but stay in bed with my eyes open and watch tv or just rest I will have the same just less severe.

If I take pain killers then sometimes it helps sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it can make that precise area in my head very very painful like.. I cant explain maybe Like a nail has been driven in my head, feels like maybe theres a blockage and blood cant flow causing immense presure, I dont know.

I am prone to a higher than average general headaches.

I dont drink alot I smoke only 1 cigarette in the evening if that, I try to drink plenty of water but I also have a issue there, I need to wee alot. I wake up alot in the night needing the toilet and find if I need to go but dont wake up that will cause me to have a bad head getting worse as the day goes on.

This is starting to drive me mad sad ive lost so many days to this over the years but I dont know what to do, any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try staying away from ALL milk products. That worked for me.
  • Posted

Hi. Thanks I will look in to that
  • Posted

Let me know if it helps. Took one week for it to work for me.
  • Posted

What kind of headaches did you have? I categorise my headaches from the morning should I have 1 different to 1 that will seem to develop from know where in the day, a more "normal" headache (a dull clamping feeling. I dont seem to drink much milk or eat to much cheese. Sometimes porridge in the morning using a cup full of milk and about 3 cups of teas with a splash of milk.

Would that be considered enough?

Thanks

• Posted

I had horrible headaches from morning to night sometimes. Ate tylenol like it was candy. I completely stopped all milk products. I can have half a glass of milk every second day. Cheddar cheese is not bad. No yogurt or ice cream. I will get a headache within 24 hours from small bowl if ice cream. My eyes hurt, my forehead, and a throbbing all over. Sometimes pain in different spots. Suffered for many years till someone told me to cut out milk. I live milk so it was very hard to do.
  • Posted

That's very interesting, thanks.

Now im aware of that I can certainly monitor it.

I will try it out and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.