Within the cul-de-sac. The right ovary measured 4.5 x 3.7 x 3.2 cm

And contains a 3.2 x 2.9 x 2.6 cm cyst. There is normal color

Doppler flow to the right ovary.

The left ovary measured 5.5 x 3.6 x 4.0 cm. There is a complicated

Mixed cystic and solid mass containing a hyper echoic mural

Nodule measuring 1.6 x 1.1 cm within left ovary measuring 5.3 x

4.0 x 4.3 cm.

I have an appointment next Friday but my mind is driving me crazy

Wanted to see if anyone here could help me with some insight.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I know its hard not to worry but my ultasound and ct scan came back with complex septated cyst with mural nodules. I had a elevated  ca 125 also. I was sure I had cancer from everything I read online. I did not have cancer and the few people on here that had something similar didnt either. The best person to do any surgery is a gyno oncologist. Write down all your questions. I had a 37cm cyst and its been 6 months since my surgery and I feel great. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot truly. My bloodwork all came back normal and my CA125 was 21. But of course I did the worse thing possible and that was to go searching the internet. Ugh! Lol but to be able to talk to someone who has or is going thru it makes it so much easier. I am so happy to hear that all is well since your surgery. I can only imagine what it will feel like to feel normal again. If you dont mind me asking what does septated mean? Praying that all stays well with you as well.
    • Posted

Septated means divided in segments and complex means liquid and solids. Most cysts arent cancerous. 
    • Posted

Ok thank you so so so much! Once I go to the doctor next Friday I will post on here the findings.
  • Posted

I want to reassure you that you probably have absolutely nothing to worry about. It is good to get it taken care of. You will feel so much better once you have the cyst removed. I was a regular poster here last summer. Had a complex ovarian cyst with one septation and a mural nodule. The GYN kept on referring to it as a tumor. I also had a thickened endometrial lining. Everything happened so fast and I was a total wreck. I ended up having laparoscopic surgery to remove the ovary and the tubes as well. Everything was benign. I went through an emotional hell because I had gone through a similar situation 20 years prior on the other side of my abdomen. So I lost both ovaries 2 complex ovarian cysts but they were benign. I received a lot of support from many women on this forum and I regret that I have been away. But I just wanted to put it behind me. And now I see that there are many people who are going through the exact same thing and I want to try and help if I can. Rest assured that things will be okay but do take care of it. I also would like to apologize for being absent from the Forum. Other matters in my family took over after my surgery.
    • Posted

Wow your story is very inspirational thank you so much. It definitively does help immensely with everyone's comments. Since getting these comments today I have already started to feel much more at ease. You ladies are wonderful and I don't think i could be at such peace with out you. I was wondering myself how they classify between cysts, masses, tumors etc is it just different terminology for different doctors. I understand that mainly cysts are referred to only fluid then masses or tumors are when there is a solid component to the cyst.

• Posted

I went through menopause two years ago.  I started spotting.  I went to the doctor and they. found a polyp.  It is being tested.  They performed an ultrasound. And found 1 small complex cyst on one ovary and thickening of the uterine lining.  The doctor had me do a CA 125 blood test.  The result came back normal.  Now I have to have an MRI.  Will probably have a hysterectomy.  I hope there is no cancer.  Scared!!
    • Posted

You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this scary time. The fear of the unknown is so hard. There are so many of us here in this forum that all have went through such similar trials and most of us have had positive results, try to stay positive. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • Posted

Hello all well I finally got into a doctor on Friday and she was wondeful. She did definitely feels that it is not cancer thank God . I am going back on Tuesday for another ultrasound and then scheduling surgery. I am so happy to finally have this relief. She believes that due to my symptoms and the size of my cervix that I may have Adenomyosis which the only way to cure it is a hysterectomy which I am completely fine with due to I am not wanting anymore kids she did however mention a partial hysterectomy but I have heard to many bad things about doing a partial and I definitely do not want to go thru all of this again if she leaves my other ovary. So thank you ladies so much for the support I finally am getting somewhere with all of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.