Complications

Posted , 1 user is following.

Has anyone else had osteotomy movement after an operation?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Aukse. Can you enlarge a little more on exactly what you are wanting to know? If you are asking whether my foot was stiff following the operation the simple answer is ,yes it was and is still is although very much reduced. I actually thought I would never regains the mobility in my foot but am able to tell you that 11 weeks after my surgery this is not the case and my foot is bending much easier.
  • Posted

After my osteotomy in November the bones moved and created a gap between the ends of the bones, this is taking a longer than expected time to heal. It wasn't there when Xrayed at 10 days but shows on the Xray at 6 weeks. I have no recollection of how it although the surgeon says almost certainly trauma.
  • Posted

Thank you everybody for reply.... I am going to clarify details later on...
  • Posted

I am 48 and I had this operation through the NHS at the beginning of February and after six days the Xray showed a big gap between the bones. My surgeon did not tell me why it had happened and I am not sure myself why it happened. I suspect I started to walk too early and not in the correct way. At the moment all I know is that there will be a delay in the healing and I am not sure what is going to be done. To judy4 I would like to ask what they did after discovering her gap and how long it took for recovery.

Thank you in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.