complications after appendix was removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my appendix removed in early 2013 for the first six months everything was about getting back to normal after that I felt great even started going to the gym I would still have little pains once in a while but I was told it was all normal and that it would take time to get to 100% so I continued on but then early 2014 I noticed that it was getting very difficult to bend my body or crunch my body.  At first it was very miled but as time went on I had problems with everyday things right now I have problems sitting in my truck or lying on my stomach.  It's hard to discribe,  it feels like tightness right obove my stomach maybe pressure its hard to tell more on my right side then my left the tightness builds up and moves up to my chest and even to my face it makes my head and my jaw hurt but the worst part is the tightness on my chest its not pushing on my chest and I can breath just fine but at the same time my breathing is short and it feels like my heart is flickering like I may have a heart attack but the pains are happening on the right side more often than the left and in the middle of my chest as well the part that scares me the most if sometimes it feels like i have holding my breath for a while and I forgot to breath and my heart will start to pump real fast and my chest gets a rush go throught it and it carrys on to my whole body its so hard to explain whats happening to me I have never felt anything like this before I hope someone can tell me something thaks. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fuentes, this may sound a little strange to you but here it goes. From experience I say that your pains are very real but because of what's happening to you and the fact that you don't know what is causing it you seem to be going experiencing a bit of anxiety with it . This is a normal reaction . First I would say, try not to worry too much because this can make things a lot worse for you. Second,  did you go back to your gp? If so what did they recommend, any test or X-rays to see if something is actually wrong? Is there any gas and bloating? Heavy burping?

• Posted

Unfortunately i lost my insurance last year and my job went the route of the fine vs giving us insurance so i haven't seen a doctor hoping to try and calm my nerves as you say.  I dont have blotting or gas im good as far as that goes and this is not a pain as much as its just tightness no pain whatsoever I have had my vitals checked and im always good its just this tightness and if I dont always pay attention to it it feels like im going to stop breathing sometimes my heart races like i have been holding my breath for too long but it just comes out of nowhere. 
  • Posted

this really sounds like anxiety. This comes in many forms. I also think those pains could very well not be associated with your operation. It  can be the start of a new situation. Try drinking a hot cup of tea each morning and evening to really rule out gas and if you get an ease then you know . Perhaps a strained muscle. Apply a warm compress to the area. These are suggestions to rule out possible reasons. Let me know
    • Posted

I think its anxiety all the time i hope its anxiety and not something serious but my medical history is very out of the ordinary and the last 2 out of 3 times i had "something" i had emergency surgery so I need to play it safe.  I have such a hard time discribing the symptoms and thats my biggest problem I've never felt anything like this before thanks.
    • Posted

Its okay to play it safe, but you also need to know whats up and also solve it before an othercsurgery becomes imminent. 
    • Posted

Insurance should not keep you from the emergency room if it gets that bad. Furthermore i thought medical was free in your country unless its a prjvate doc you are seeing

• Posted

Insurance is free but it just started so its very hard to get covered but i did go to the emergency to be safe im working on getting private insurance so i can take care of this problem its just the way it is in America its all about money its hard to find someone who actually cares and help.
  • Posted

I can only advise you to visit your G.. You sound very worred d ina lot of pain. He/she can examine you and help put your mind to rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.