Complications after circumcision

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys. 4 weeks ago I had a circumcision and frenulum removal due to phimosis. They used dissolvable stitches, including around the area where my frenulum was. The issue that I have now is that I don't know if this area where the frenulum was has properly heald. The earliest I can go to my urologist is next week and I tend to be a bit anxious about this, even if no pain or bleeding is happening. For the first 2-3 weeks, the cut with the sutures was covered with scabs and now that the stitches dissolved and the scabs disappeared, I see that the skin of the shaft that was stuck on my glands after the surgery on the place where my frenulum was has detached and now I have a "gap". The small remaining shaft skin that was part of the frenulum is detached. 

I have no pain, bleeding or any discomfort, other than what would usually be expected after a circumcision. My question is if this is normal or it is something that I should take care urgently, like before my next week's appointment with my urologist.

Note:

Please, no anti-circumcision discussion. I took the decision to circumcise fully aware of all the drawbacks and the debate between the pro- and anti-circ camps.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

And here is a picture of the thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.