Complications after decompression surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had decompression surgery 3 weeks ago. Leg pain rough for the 1st 3 days. After that felt great. 2 days after my Staples came out I got the flu. Just recovering now. But my Right side hip to foot have pain. Any answers what I should do next.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Id contact gp see what they say i had my decompression 4 month ago and im still haven bad head aches when i turn my head to the left it hurts or look up to the left hand side it hurts iv got my neuro surgery app on 12th of march so ill just wait see wat he says i was fine after op up untill about 4 weeks ago this started pain in head everyday nearly all day its horrible. I hope u get urs sorted soon x
  • Posted

My left side hurt and swelled. My orders said go back or call Dr with such symptoms. Mine came and went and After 6 weeks getting better daily. Dr said this could happen. It is a process and careful not to over do your self in recovery time. Otherwise you get set backs  in healing 
  • Posted

Hi there, its normally ease off around 2 - 3 months...but if you are worry go and contact your gp to be reffered back to your neurosurgeon, by the way..you still have to go through post decompression check up with your neurosurgeon anyway..(normally 6 weeks after operation) - so write it dwon every thing, just take it easy listen to your body...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.