Complications from Prostate Biopsy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Two years ago I had an MRI-guided biopsy. All 16 cores were negative. My highest PSA prior to biopsy was 5.5. It dropped to 4.3 just before biopsy. It hasn't gone down in 2 years, bouncing from 5.7 to nearly 10. It is now close to 8.

My prostate was 90 cc before biopsy. It is now 120 cc.

For two days after the biopsy I peed out clumps of blood clots. The first time I urinated 10 minutes after the biopsy it was almost all blood. I had streaks of blood in my urine for three weeks. My semen was brown nearly 9 months later.

I had a 3T MP MRI earlier this year. It was completely clean. I wasn't even given a PIRADS score as there was nothing suspicious. I had the MRI at one of the top urology centers in the country. My urologist - my NEW urologist - is world renown. He's one of the top prostate surgeons in the world and is also a leading PCa front line researcher. If I mentioned his name, every one of your urologists would instantly recognize his name. I wish he had done my Bx.

So, could that other "doctor" have messed me up?

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That is really to bad. This is why one needs to have a 3T MRI done instead of a biopsy. My urologist told me that if my PSA is high, she would want to do a biopsy and I told her fat chance of that. I would opt for an MRI, but no biopsy for me and her nurse said I don't blame you. If that tells ya something about what she see's men go through when assisting the doctor durring a TRUS biopsy.

• Posted

I wish I knew then what I know now. That's why I get on sites like this or Facebook to educate other guys.

I had a 3T MRI in 2015. Had PIRADS 3 so my Uro recommended the Bx.

My second 3T MRI was clean. I wish I had begun with the world class urologist at the top 10 urology center.

• Posted

Hi Michael, any chance of letting me have the name and contact details of your new urologist in a Private Message (PM) please. Sorry, can't send you a PM myself.

Thank you, Jeremy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.