compounding estrogen vaginal cream

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just started estrogen cream after 1.5 years of being told nothing was wrong. Constant itching and burning in spurts. At age 32 had a total hysterectomy took premerin for 10 years and 2 years of vaginal compounding estrogen and stopped. 3 months after turning 50 problems started. Has anyone started cream had rough start then days pain and itch free only to wake up to burning and itching again?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

All I  know is that once you have the vaginal atrophy from lack of estrogen you can't "cure" it. It is a chronic condtion. So by quitting all the estrogen the symptoms came back. It takes a long time to straighten this out. My NP told me at least 6 months. I had the Mona Lisa Laser treatments which may allow you to go without any estrogen if you don't want to use it.

• Posted

Hi Jean

Are you still doing well with the Mona Lisa? How many months has it been  after the treatments.  Are you still having to use Vagifem along with the Mona Lisa treatments? I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

Wendy

• Posted

Hello silk ....... Jean is right....... I have Atrophic Vaginitis and I have to use Vagifem 2x week for lack of estrogen..I tried to take less Vagifem and ended up with feeling the discomfort again. It takes awhile to feel better again after you stop the estrogen.!!!  My GYN said I will have to continue this forever.  Jean is having the new Mona Lisa Treatments that seem to help many women but currently is not covered by insurance.......hopefully they will cover this soon for us ladies that are suffering. I wish you the best ...please keep us posted.

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.