Compression stocking recommendations

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband has been given grade 2 Activa thigh length stockings after a second DVT but they are constantly falling down. I’ve bought a medical suspender belt for him but it’s not ideal.  

Can any gents recommend a brand of stocking that is comfortable and doesn’t slide down please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can only think of using separate thigh support (as used for strained muscle treatment) above the knee and the standard below knee Activa Grade 2 Support stocking. 

Not sure why he needs upper leg support, did he have a significant DVT in the superficial femoral vein? Anticoagulants should shift that OK with time. The most problems seem to be getting the blood back up from the foot to the calf and popliteal vein. Once it’s up there the femoral area should be relatively easy to flow? 

Good luck

Cheers

Big D 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. 

I believe the the full length stocking is a precaution against damaging the valves in the veins. He was prescribed them for two years after the first DVT, same again this time. ☹️

• Posted

Hey Lynn

Just noticed that Ativa do compression tights at the Class 2 level. They would obviously “stay up” but not sure if they do tights suitable for blokes. They might be a bit restrictive for a chap’s “tackle”. 

Amazon do them about £22 I think. 

Cheers

Big D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.