Computer TVs and dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

when I watch tv or use computers my condition gets worse. The roaring sensation in my head gets worse too. Anyone else had this and what changes have you made to help apart from spend less time on them.  I did read shutting one eye does help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes i realised this a while back now. ,i switched from laptop to,iPad, which has helped somewhat. Tv i find better further away. It's,cos our eyes are, working overtime to,keep,is balanced (even when just sitting), also,I think the glare affects us,,i cant switch off a lamp for eg without closing my eyes first, and going from light to,dark areas.  Just plain old,looking down at kitchen bench exacerbates it.  i haven't read a book for 6 years now and it seems due to focussing on one area (same ifmi am using sewing machine) too long, maybe too much for eyes? So yes. Sadly it seems we have to,do all this in short bursts.   If my head is really 'roaring', imtake some Paracetomol,plus, out cold pack wrapped in Scarf around my neck and that seems to help 'bring it down' a bit.

• Posted

I have started to take aspirin that's seems to have helped been going to doctors since July after my dAuchterarder who is medical you trained came to examine me she said it's possible you have a blocked artery as all my symptoms throbbing ear hot sweat dizziness worse when I turn on my left hand side or sleep on back my neck is aching room spins around she discussed my symptoms with my doctor in medical terms he as arranged apointment at the vascular depth qmc 12th December hoping nothing serions best to check just want the irritating noise in my head to go away

• Posted

. Yes good to go see a Vascular dr just in case.  I have also neck/shoulder pain going on long time now, and recently started,to get shooting little pains in  right ring finger, mostly,  was worried it was heart related, but then discovered some interesting info via a Trigger Therapy book i have, that the Serratus Anterior muscle can actually cause this, along with breathing problems!  Am seeing a Bowen thrapist atm so am gonna ask her to work on that.  I have Tinnitus,so understand Re noise!!
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I think the solution is as little tv as possible. I enjoy reading and listening to old records from my past. Doing puzzles and exercises and listening to radio is better.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.