conatant penis burning sensation, std uti tests negative

Posted , 4 users are following.

i started having random penis burning sensation which was only temporary or usually after urination for about a week. this soon became almost permanent, specially if I was somewhere hot or sweaty. I visited a clinic and they performed test and provided cipro antibiotics. couple days later my tests came back negative for uti and std. I have still been taking the 2x500mg cipro every day. I have no other symptoms other than burning. sometimes going to the bathroom makes the burning worst but sometimes it actually helps (as though full bladder hurts as well). I have been using aloe vera and ice pack to help but it doesn't really do much. i have no other symptoms. area looks clean and i have generally good hygene. any advice would be appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

bump

also forgot to mention the area feels very hot to the touch. but i have no fever. 5 days of antibiotics now and i dont really see any change. there is no pain just burning sensation from urethra.

• Posted

When was the last time you had sex with someone? When you were tested did you test for herpes as well?

• Posted

a month ago. i used condom. however when taking off condom there was a lot of vagina fluid but i cleaned my self immediately. I'm not sure if I was tested for herpes, I did an std test at a clinic after they asked my symptoms and later they said I'm negative. same with UTI test. my symptoms have somewhat changed a bit now after 7 days of cipro. it seems to only hurt when bladder is full but I do sometimes get sharp shooting pains in urethra. no other pain symptoms, sores, or fever at the moment.

• Posted

If it was in UK herpes is not standard test. A month it is still too early to test anyway. If it is herpes than look out for nerve pain in legs and lower back, constipation and fatigue in month 5 or 6. I know some people may think what is this guy is talking about but trust me.

• Posted

i doubt it since i have none of HPV2 symptoms. I will say my symptoms seem to be moving towards the testicles and maybe even my prostate. I no longer have any abdomen or penile pain or full bladder discomfort. now usually after urination I get really hot testicles and a pain that makes me slightly nauseous. cold shower or bath helps a lot. still taking the cipro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.