Concentrate when swallowing

Posted , 3 users are following.

This doesn’t happen all the time. But sometimes when I am eating and I go to swallow I can’t do it. I have to focus on swallowing. I’ll drink liquids just fine. Like I stated, this doesn’t happen often, it’s random.

Does anyone else have this issue with acid reflux? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dev,

I do too!! I always have the feeling that there is something in my throat! 2 ENTs told me they don’t see anything! My feeling is what I have is more than gerd! 

• Posted

Hi Diane, thank you for your reply.

Do you take an medications? My doctor prescribed me 20mg of omeprazole once a day. I’ve been on it for almost a month. For the most part it helps but I can definitely tell it wears off towards the end of the day. I’ll have to take a couple tums. 

• Posted

Dev,

Yes I take the same thing as you! I feel it’s not helping a lot! One of my ENT put me on protonix, but I had some strange side effects! So had to go off of that! I took Prevacid years ago and that seemed to work for me! When they made it over the counter my ins. didn’t  cover it so I went the cheaper way with the omeprazole. I really don’t have the burning feeling! I believe they call it the silent acid reflex! Supposedly that’s why I have all the phlegm and the feeling that I have something in my throat!! You should maybe ask the dr if you can take more than one a day! I’m thinking about having an endoscopy to check out my esphougus to see if there’s any damage! Good Luck!!

• Posted

What you are talking about is exactly what my mother had happen to her.  It was Gerd and just had surgery done this past Friday.  I had Gerd as well and got it fix by having this Linx put in and haven't had an issue since Day 1 when they put it in.  Best decision I ever made.

• Posted

Hi Jason thank you for your reply.

This is the first I’ve ever heard about this Linx. What is that?

To be GERD free sounds wonderful! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.