Concentration problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went to dr after a fall downstairs through missing a step and because I had some near escapes because  I was not paying attention crossing the road, and missed aflight because I'd diarised the wrong date. All that in a short time and which I put down to lack of concentration. Dr gave me blood test and said i had underactive thyroid and for 3 mths since I've been taking 50mcg thyroxine daily. Nothing has changed re my concentration tho a new blood test showed my thyroid function was now ok. Dr has told me to carry on taking the tablets but they don't seem to address the problem. Anyone had similar experience?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yup. Totally didn't fix the symptoms. Meds made it worse. Docs say keep taking. They docs say be patient, it takes time for meds to work. Tried for two years, didn't work at any dose. Tried several name brands, generic, compounded... didn't work. Made it worse.

• Posted

I'm taking 225mcg  a day and it doesn't do any good for my concentration either. I've found that's mainly a problem with tiredness. Maybe more sleep, or if worst comes to worst a sleep doctor. I use a BiPAP and it improves my sleeping a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.