Concern I have

Posted , 4 users are following.

So the one concern I have is that I am a big girl and mt arms are short.  So when my bowels finally go how do i reach around to wipe.  I know kinda graphic but this is a concern to me.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cara. I presume that you don't have any problems at the present. So I would imagine that this is still something you will be able to manage yourself after your op.

If you have discomfort turning or twisting I think a rolled up towel held against your tummy with one hand will help while you are wiping with the other.

Hope this helps a bit. Maybe others will have more tips.

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow

Love and hugs xx

• Posted

Oh my gosh, you are too funny! The same goes for peeing, I can tell you that! I don't have short arms but it is tough at first to even wipe your pee because you can't twist. I have been dabbing at my vaginal area. But by the time you do poop you should be okay to wipe your backside!

• Posted

Ahhhhhhhhhhh thats a relief LOl.  It is a worry to me, I had my hubby researching toilet paper wiping devices and he thinks I am nuts!
    • Posted

Here's a story to make you laugh before you go into surgery tomorrow: my surgery was last Thursday and on Saturday I had been passing gas all day. That night I told my husband and daughter that I would go walk the dog with them. As we are coming back to the house, I thought I had to pass gas again but I pooped instead! That colace is no joke! So yes, by then I was able to wipe my backside thank goodness! What a mess! Let that visual give you a good laugh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.