Concerned

Posted , 6 users are following.

Reassurance Please 6 months Post TKR Recent Blood Tests has shown Increased Red Blood Cells I wondering if this is Post Op Infection re: Knee 😯 There's Pain on Weight Bearing No Swelling But Constant *Pulling* Feeling I was doing Great up until about 6 weeks ago 😯

GP also checking for Protein in my Urine this is all since my Surgery maybe just coincidence but I'm not convinced

Any Suggestions Greatly Appreciated as Always

M

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am not sure . I am 18 months PO PKR and twice have had bad swelling and had it drained , it was all blood.  The doc doesn't seemed concerned but I am. It is swelling up again for a 3rd time. It is so painful having it drained.

I am having some blood work done as well by my GP. They care more than the ortho it seems. Anyway I know it takes long time to heal. 6 months isn't all that long with the total.

I hope you get some better answers on here. I posted a question looking for advice, support about my situation and didn't  get even one response sad . figure I am a lone wolf with this one.

Hope you can figure out your situation as I know how it feels to be going 10 steps forward and then 5 back. Hang in there I am sure it isn't anything bad.

• Posted

Thanks for replying 😊 Haven't got any swelling in fact Physio almost assured me 100% There wasn't any "infection" but My Annual Routine Blood Test Results are showing some High Red Blood Count Numbers😯 It might not be anything fingers x'd

VERY UNUSUAL NOT TO GET A RESPONSE ON HERE In the past I've had some very positive feedback 😊

This is my 2nd Knee Surgery 1st Surgery on Left Knee was over 12 years ago Very Successful this time around taking longer

Good Luck M

• Posted

Very unusual not to get a reply here . Try re-posting , I'm sure you will get several replies . 

• Posted

Your post could have been missed , sometimes posts from her are sent to my junk email and I miss them . 
    • Posted

Thanks David 

Appreciate you saying that . I may re post after I stop feeling sorry for myself 😕

Debbie 

• Posted

Hi Michy

I would be so happy just to find out that it was NOT an infection . I am so out of sorts about this . 

Didn’t realize a blood test could determine that .

Thanks for info !!

Debbie

• Posted

I think we all probably felt sorry for ourselves , and wished we hadn't had the op . Trust me it really does get better . Don't give up , keep up the exercise . Come here if you have questions or problems , someone will help if possible . It's over 19 and 17 years since my ops and I have had no problems , you have many years of pain free knees to look forward to .  

• Posted

Thanks for Reply I don't know really I'm just wondering why the sudden change in my blood results but things happen at anytime in life I'm 62 😊 take care

M

• Posted

You should express your concerns to your doctor but usually it is an increase of white blood cells that indicate infection. The red ones carry oxygen. Sorry for all your draining, I have had that done and you are right it hurts.
    • Posted

Hi RCurry!

Thanks for reply . Did you have knee drained after surgery or prior ? Seems I can’t find anyone who has had knee drained after there replacement .

Debbie 

• Posted

I havent experienced that but I thought usually increase in white blood count would indicate infection so I am hoping you will be just fine! Wishing you well
    • Posted

This is true 1st I was told white bloods were up now told red bloods are up I will see my Own GP on 13th and Discuss my Concerns 😕 in the meantime I've been recalled for yet another blood test 😯

• Posted

I am not medically qualified but if there is no swelling and the knee does not feel hot and it is not red I think it is unlikely that this is infection.

I had TKR 5 years ago. I recently had a urinary tract infection which spread to my knee that I had replaced. My knee was very swollen and I have been on intravenous antibiotics for 2 weeks. I finished them on Wednesday and am now on oral antibiotics for a month. Hopefully that will be the end of that.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi Thanks for reply Yes Knee is Warm/Hot depends on level of activity it has been this way since Op in June 😮 Thankfully No Swelling it's just strange that Blood Tests are showing "concern" I am being Retested again on Thursday 7th One week after the last results😐 I will see my GP on 13th and go from there

😊 M

• Posted

Sarah

I am 18 months PKR  my knee has twice had blood extracted . ( Swelling was blood ) . It is starting same thing again . Ortho not concerned but I know this not right ! Went to GP yesterday she ordered blood work . Knee not red but it is warm . Did you have your knee extracted for them to figure out it was infected ?

Thsnk you ! Been trying to get some help with this not much replies on forum with my post .

Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.