Concerned

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've always found this to be a very helpful site.I'm now nearly eight weeks post op after a second anterior/posterior repair. I can't believe that I am still quite sore and at the end of the day I still feel a dropAlso getting lower back ache/cramps that feels like trapped wind. has anyone else experienced those symptoms after their op? If so what did you do? I'm concerned that my second op hasn't been successful 😦 Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi sandra

I thought I'd reply and put you at ease. yiu have had lots of surgery and yiur body will not return to normal fir a couple of months yet.

its takes up to 12 wks to feel a bit normal and around 6 mths to really feel yourself again.

it takes months for yiur tissues to heal and if yiur on yiur feet during the day it will feel like everything is falling out.

I felt like that after my t vh and anterior repair 2 yrs ago and still on times es I feel it now.

my back wall is playing up now so no doubt I'll be back in sorting that out. I can only poo with supps and I believe it's only a grade 1 to a 2 max.

are you doing your pelvic floor exercises hun? if not you must do them everyday for life.

I age 52,slim and otherwise healthy but an early menopause at age 45 I swear brought all these issues on. I was fine before that 😕.

how did you find the pain after your posterior repair? I literally had none with my anterior repair .xx

• Posted

Thank you for being so reassuring. I didn't feel too bad at all after the op. Eight wks don the problems seem to have risen. I went to Spain to help with recovery as I have family there. I mnowhave a white discharge that is very irritating.Can't see a doctor until early next week as not flying home until Saturday. I do use a mirror to check every day and have noticed that the lump is more visible at the end of the day then in the morning. I can't help thinking it has failed again 😦 x

• Posted

if there is one piece of advice I can give us throw away the dam mirror.

I was exact like you every day I'd be che king and it drove me into a depression I'm sure of it.

I now 2 yrs on have not looked since the 6 wks mark and refuse to even though I know my back wall is not right.

if you have a white discharge and its itchy I'd definitely start taking a probiotic... optibac is the one I use and also caneston if you feel its thrush or a bv infection . it wont hurt till you see your gp.

are you post menopause or pre?

I found pure virgo coconut oil helped me feel comfortable but only if all yiur stitches are gone.

if you can make an appointment to see yiur consultant so you know either way and can make choices what is best.

try and relax and allow things to unfold no matter what.. sll we can do is face the issues when they arise and do what's best for us.

keep in touch.xx

• Posted

Thank you so much -. I'm post menopause went through it early, just like my mum. I m guessing it is about being patient.I will go and see my GP as post op isn't until March when ill be about 13 wks after the op. Take care love Sarnie x

• Posted

like me hun. I went into menopause at age 45. my mum had full hysterectomy at age 39 so not sure if she would of gone I to menopause early like me.

let me know how yiu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.