Concerned about change in breast

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Please excuse my English , i am not a native speaker. Also, I have never posted here before, so I am not sure where to start.

I am 17 years old, and have never been diagnosed with and problems regarding my breasts. Yesterday I have noticed my nipples are drier, puffier and more sensitive than usual. They are not erected, but not exactly inverted either (I think, just flatter).

I believe it's important to note that I am 18 days away from my menstrual cycle, and currently have the flu.

My breasts are asymmetrical (the left one is slightly larger) and are a bit firm, but not more that the usual.

I know it is very unlikely for a girl my age to get breast cancer, but I am very hypochondriac and always very anxious and alert when it comes to my health.

I would be very grateful for any professional advice.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have searched for your problem as i read you question some points came into my mind but still for clarification i searched a bit for you. In growing age the changes in the body and breasts are normal. The dryness is due to growth and sometimes scaling occurs. Sensitivity is obvious with growth. So there is no need to worry about. Breast related diseases are mostly silent. If you feel irritation, pain or sensitivity then its normal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.