Concerned about inflammation?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, it is now March 29th and my appt with the rheum doc isn't until April 29th.

I have a slight fever and obvious inflamation pain and wonder should I go to the family doc for Meds to help with the inflamation or just wait for the rheum dr.

It doesn't bother me too much at this point. But wonder if not taking care of it right away will cause more harm??

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hello Mistyway. just a short post to say i can not see what harm it would do to talk to your Dr, I am thinking better to be on the save side.Best wishes for your journy,Dave.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi, Having been in the same position myself in the past, and making the wrong decision by waiting for my next routine appointment, I eneded up as an in-patient for 4 weeks.  I would urge you at least get bloods done to make sure your CRP and ESR are within your usual limits.

    I hope you feel well soon.

    Steve

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up