Concerned about my bowel movements - Long and thin (about 1 1/2 - 2 cm)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

25 year old female.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. I really do appreciate your time and messages.

I have experienced some odd bowel movements the last couple of days. They are quite long and thin. They are about 1/2 cm to 2 cm in diameter, I'd say. Usually, my stools are larger in diameter.

The last couple days, I have not had as much fibre I would say. I have eaten more bread than usual (had two vegan based burgers ordered in). The buns were white bread and I do not remember the last time I ate that. However, I do not know if this could be attributed to the appearance of my stool. In the last two days, I have gone twice each day. All times I have thought that my stool was on the thinner side.

When I have been going to the bathroom, I am always super anxious and stressed. I have found that I am constantly obsessed over my bowel movements. I lost my best friend to colon cancer. She was only 24. Thus, I recognize the importance of being mindful of changes.

I spoke to my doctor last week about my bowel movements and she told me to continue on with the way that I eat. I am plant-based and try to get in as much fibre as possible. However, the last two days have really caused me to have some concern. Yes, I have been very stressed/ anxious and perhaps have not eaten the same amount of dietary fibre. Nonetheless, I am wondering if this could truthfully have an impact on the shape of my stool...

I really do appreciate any personal insight you may choose to share or any tips.

Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

has there been any change in your stool? i am a 28 woman, plant based and been having the same kind of stool consistently for over a week. im waiting for my doctors appointment and going crazy in the mean time trying to provoke a change with more fiber.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.