Concerned about my fibroscan score! Could it be overestimated?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i am new here. At the age of 21 I had a fibroscan that revealed a Kpa of 34 and a steatosis CAP of 400. I have NAFLD, and an ultrasound just a month ago said only "fatty liver" and nothing else. An MRI of the abdomen, including liver, 1.5 years ago (done for unrelated reason) did not mention cirrhosis nor fibrosis at all. Platelets, bilirubin and other tests normal. ALT is more than three times the upper limit. I know this can happen cause of eating fast food, just like Morgan Spurlock's in the film super size me was even higher than mine and then came back down. Also, I'm 420 pounds. Both ALT and obesity have been said to overestimate fibrosis. I'm not sure if the obesity overestimation is true for the XL probe (what I got) or only the M probe. Either way, I pray that my fibroscan results are overestimated and would be shocked if they are not considering the recent imaging, normal platelets, me being only 22, never drinking and having the knowledge that high ALT (like I have) and obesity (I'm 420 pounds!) can cause overestimated fibroscan values.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Charles! You never mentioned your ALLT figure in the mesage....what's the number from the ALT please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.