Concerned about my girlfriends menstrual duration

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my girlfriend recently had the birth control shot done(about two months ago) and she started her menstration cycle about 3-4 weeks ago. She went from heavier menstration for a week, spotting for a week, then back to full on menstration again. In total this has lasted close to a month. She is of course concerned, but hasnt gone to see a doctor as of yet. She also mentioned there was one particular day where she had discharged what seemed to be a small section of matter, or skin like material. Now being a male, I know nothing of this subject, very little if any.  I am here because I am very concerned about what seems to be an irregular if not long menstration duration. Thanks in advance for any insight on this matter. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.