Concerned about the new diagnosis of 15x14 cm fibroid causing me paralyzing low back pain and discha

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Ive noticed that my last 3 menstrual cycle leading to severe rectum and low abdominal pressure along with abdominal bloating. The killer being the severe lower back pain. An ultrasound revealed 15×14 cm fibroids. Im researching came across this forum which has provided some relief Im 48 and a hysterectomy is the least option I would like to consider. Ive researched Medeterian diet Magnesium and Vitamin D as things to incorporate.

Any one ever experienced these symptoms. The ER doc says my vaginal discharge is actually urine from my compressed bladder

Stacey

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

i have had fibroids cause all kinds of issues too, but mine arent as big . my uterus was 12 cm thick though because of the bleeding that the fibroids caused . once the extensive bleeding got under control from a med i was put on called fibristal it shrunk the fibroids and my uterus went down in size thank god ! what a nightmare it was so i hear ya !

i had bloating and every other symptom too.

have ya seen a Gynocoligest ? thats what i did ,and he figured it all out by doing 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and tons of blood work and then a biopsy. when he did the biopsy he removed a polyp that was visable too so that was a good thing cause i didnt know i had it there . biospy came back normal and after taking that fibristal for 3 monthes straight it solved my issues . im almost 50 now and my cycles are starting to go further apart now and also skipping about every other month . i went with those options because if i didnt i would of had to have a hystorectomy . i have alot of the menopause symptoms and know that its just a phase but i hope the phase ends soon cause its not been a joy ride . lord bless us all .

hugs to ya and stay strong cause theyll get it figured out 😃

• Posted

Thank you for this wealth of information you ahve provided. Im in Florida researching my options what state are you located in

• Posted

Hi Stacey ,your welcome 😃 i hope at least some of it can be of some assistance to help you in some way .

these forums are great and help us all realize were not alone in dealing with our struggles thankfully and i have found lots of great insight on here from other woman who also like us have dealt with issues and have overcome them. im sure youll get more replys because theirs lots of us on here .

im in Ontario,Canada, but love the fact that i can talk to and learn from woman all over the world on here . such a great help these forums are and im glad to be part of them.

• Posted

Ive been a Registered Nurse over 25 years in a surgical unit nursing care is not what its used to be ghosts my fear of having surgery

• Posted

hi stacey , yes , i understand that you have some fear there about surgery . i did as well actually and my brother who works in a operating room helped set my mind at ease thankfully , and I just had surgery in august due to some blocked arteries . i

happy to say though my surgery went well and i have learned so much because of it .

also if you havent yet , browse through and read some of the forums on here youll find alot of all of us woman have dealt with some type of struggle and in need of surgery or treatment but , the best part is we always have some one to talk to about it on here and so will you .

it will all be ok , so hang in there and stay strong ,,

best wishes and hugs to you

xx

• Posted

Hey Stacy, i have the same symptoms my fibroid is 16cm, so i know what you are going thru that lower back pain is just speechless,and its not discharge its urine,i cant hold my urine,i also have a hernia on my adbomial wall of my stomach so hopefully i will get it all done at the same time,i have been dealing with this over year heavy heavy bleeding and i am 41 with no kids but my husband and i want kids, we lost one child already and i have been to so many doctors and God bless us finally to have doctors that can help me, i dont want a hysterectomy either,but this is the only options for me now,i have did tests for everything else and God knows best and whatever his will is for my life i know all is well. I Done had 6 other sugerys. I am on the lurpon injection now and has done wonders for the bleeding i have not had a period for two months. I wish you the best of luck and whatever you decide pray on and talk to GOD,so he can give you the peace and comfort you need as you go thru .God Bless You....Beverly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.