Concerned I may be falling into depression/alread

Posted , 2 users are following.

I constantly feel achey and tired and my thoughts keep me up late feeling anxious and worried, even when i do get correct amount of sleep i still feel exhausted, for the past two years ive been loosing interest in all my hobbies, i find myself just watching videos to take up time, its becoming a challenge to force myself to go to college or to do anything productive including things i used to love. I seem to experience very short lived bursts of happiness and then feel stressed, upset or even empty at least 60% of the time. I feel like im stuck going nowhere in life. Sometimes i feel almost like i am under water.

Depression runs on my fathers sude of the family, my father and one of my aunts suffer from it. However i feel my problem is more to do with my anxiety and feeling of helplessness to my ever growing pile of problems and work. I dont think i have depression but as time goes by im starting to feel like i might be experiencing something similar.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathanaanaanana...I have both GED (General Anxiety Disorder) and depression. I have found that meds really help stop the constant worrying and there are other things that also help, such as CBT, talking to others on forums like this, exercise, and trying to eat healthier and get outside. The first step is to talk to your Doc! smile
    • Posted

Ive mived twice this year so i havent had a gp for about 6 months and ive only just got forms today. I have to give them in next weeka nd then wait another week before i can book any appointments haha
    • Posted

Hey, do what you can smile

I have been meaning to make a doctor appt for a couple weeks now lol

• Posted

Ive never been diagnosed with anything because i was on a long waiting list and the one time i finally got an appointment for being properly diagnosed was when i was going through one of my good patches and everything was going great (i usually have 2-3 months where im feeling on top of the world then feel miserable again for the next 4-5 months) and she kept asking how im feeling now and im there going "im good now but usually...." Then id be interrupted and asked another question D: i looked into it and the women they gave me was actually a trainee argh
    • Posted

Ya I hate it when I feel good by the time I get to the doctors lol...and next tell them to stop interupting you!
  • Posted

Hi Kathanana.  The symptoms you have are very similar to how I've felt most of my life.  We're of very different age groups by the sound of it, as you are at college and I'm almost 60 but the achey and tired and worry keeping you awake at night are things I've had on and off for a long time, probably from teenage.  I really understand the motivation issues, I too have short bursts of being very energised and enthused then followed by being totally uninterested in doing much except watching tv (which I hate) or on the computer, just anything really to distract me and take up time.  Then of course I get upset that I've wasted my time and done nothing I either should have or wanted to.  It was only a couple of years ago that I even thought it might be depression, all my life I'd just assumed I was naturally a procrastinator and a bit useless.  My GP prescribed citalopram, which really didnt do much good and I had a horrid allergic reaction to it so stopped.  I'm now back to where you are - wasting time and feeling like I've got nowhere and going nowhere and in my case I also fret that I don't really have much time left to turn it around.  You're still young by the sound of it, there's time for you to get back to a place where you feel happy and productive and worthy.  As soon as you have a GP sorted, please do see them.  I regret spending years not getting treated but to be honest, depression and anxiety wasn't so understood back then.  It is now; doctors see people all day every day who have similar problems and understand them a lot more and they are a lot more likely to listen and help.  Good luck hon. xx
    • Posted

Thank you, it's very helpful to hear people have similar feelings to me, im sorry to hear that you didnt get diagnosed until late. I have my introductory  session with my new doctor next Tuesday, hopefully its just a teenage thing and once my hormones ballence i might not be feeling at this extreme

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.