Concerns about my daughter's tick bite any help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my 4 year old daughter just had to see her doctor to remove a tick yesterday and it.was bruised before tick was.even removed. Doctor put her on meds because the look of bite area. My question is i am reading online it's usually a bull eye rash my daughter isn't it's like bruised and probably as big as.her.Palm of her hand. I am just concerned trying to figure out why it looks like this she has tick bites before nothing ever like this. Has.anyone seen this I was I could describe better it's a big bruise then further out lighter bruise

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mine started with a tiny bite, no tick in site. Then became super hot and swollen. Doctor never told me what I was bit by.. ended up taking doxycycline for 5 days..it looked really bruised. Mine didn’t typically look like a bulls eye either, more of a red rash. Fast forward to a week..  little did I know I’ve been suffering for two entire months with what doctors call “anxiety”. I decided to take a Lyme test last week and I got the call today that I am indeed postive for Lyme disease!! Please please please get your daughter on antibiotics.. this has been such a bad expierince and I wouldn’t ever wish it on anyone. sad the sooner the better.. in my case 5 days just wasn’t enough. I’m just glad I finally have a diagnosis as to why I’ve been having odd symptoms for two months. 

Good luck dear ❤️

• Posted

Thank you yes she's on antibiotics I've just been watching the bite area to see any changes not.swollen anymore but still has the brusing. She already has a weak immune system so I am just really nervous and scared. Thank you for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.