Concerns after 8 weeks since having my prolapse repair op

Posted , 5 users are following.

8 weeks ago I had a prolapse repair, initially it was for a front prolapse but i ended up needing the back repair done as well.

I'm very concerned that the operation hasn't worked, it doesnt look or feel any different than it did before the operation, I'm feeling so down hearted about it all..

How long did it take others to notice a difference?

Might be worth adding that I didn't have a major prolapse, mine was dipping inside which was first addressed by the nurse during a routine smear a couple of years ago.

Any other experiences would be great to hear please smile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your post-op check yet?
    • Posted

I had surgery in May, for an anterior and posterior repair, plus a hysterectomy. At eight weeks I was convinced it hadn't worked, however I had a check yesterday, 18 weeks post op and was told the surgery has worked. 😃

I'd not appreciated how long the repairs take to heal, I still have further to go and have a follow up in six months. 

Eight weeks is still very early days, if you are concerned could you see your GP? I didn't see my surgeon until three months, before then it is too early to tell whether the surgery has worked. 

Good luck. 😃

• Posted

Hi Sheila Thankyou for your response.

I hadn't realised just how lengthy the recovery time would be.

My check up is in about 7/8 weeks, hopefully a lot will change in that time, i think I'd feel a lot better about it all if I could see just the tiniest improvement.

Unfortunately trying to get an appt with my GP is so difficult as they're always so busy.

What brilliant news for you though, so pleased it was successful for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.