Confirmed diagnosis

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I've just been given diagnosis of lichen sclerosus and been told to use dermovate. I feel a change in clitoral area, does the use of steroid improve skin around this area? I still have great discomfort with burning and stinging!! Looking for advice.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Alison54950 I was diagnosed with LS 2 months ago. I am using a steroid cream. I am waiting for an appointment with a gynaecologist for a biopsy. I feel very stressed about it all at the moment.

I think I will take a look at Dr Goldstein's video but I see that it is 80 mins long.

Having read the forum I think I need to try cutting out cheese from my diet.I think this forum could be really useful for me.

• Posted

Hi Maz - so sad another poor lass has LS, do read the threads from the past - they give lots of information for all sorts of ways that LS ers have found works for them

We all will say -I am 90% certain we all would say - that stress and long term stress is a major factor in the condition So whatever else you do try and manage your stress- find ways to have fun and LAUGH- it disperses the nasty cortisols inthe body almost as much as a good run will....i have never been a fan of running  so i prefer the fun route

Make a nice drink take a note book or screen shoot the slides - or both and listen - it takes a lot of concentration at times- so more than one session may be necessary. Ideally watch on a desk or lap top it is easier to take notes than on a tablet in my view. Some are convinced it is the sugar in the diet that will pose a problem for LS

Good luck take care and do try not to worry too much- this is a great forum to dump your anxieties and have wonderful support

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue.

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I am naturally quite a stressed person so I think I need to try to find some ways to make myself a little less stressed about life in general. Probably easier said than done but stress is mentioned so often on this site I must really give it a good go.

• Posted

Sue is right Maz stress is a factor.  If i am on holiday and quite chilled my flare ups are very rare.  I know its easier said than done but i have learnt to live with the condition and not let it rule my life.   You will be fine and this site is great for support we are all in the same boat. 
    • Posted

There are techniques  to overcome stressful situations. there is Mindfulness awareness - i think it is - that should help you deal with stressors in your life- I will look it up at some stage myself - I internalise problems - Calm on the surface and worry like The Dememted inside. Problem started really when my 34 year old husband had MS and needed me to be strong for him and the children- had all sorts of physical issues from inoperable  ovarian cyst - so it had to be reduced by male hormones to asthma and other boring physical maifestations-

It would have been so helpful if i had been able to discuss problems with someone and to be shown techniques that help when stressed- Good Luck

• Posted

I think it helps to have a moan and others can give you advice that helps you to think of things in another way. It can be very isolating to have Ls as it is a difficult subject to talk about.  You must have your hands full with everything at home so well done you being there for others on this site.  I hope you get a lot of support from us as well
  • Posted

Hi,

thank you for your post Alison. It's a godsend to me to feel I am not alone in trying to treat this. My question is, has anyone had experience with treating a child with LS? My 7 year old daughter has been diagnosed with LS and we have had two months of unsuccessful attempts with steroid creams.my daughter has today been recommended to recommense  another 4 week course with  Dermovate. ( twice daily for one week, once a day for the next week, bi-weekly and then once a week.) and I'm torn given the last two months haven't been great. It seems a really strong dose on such a wee girl.  I'm looking into homeopathic treatments (chickweed cream, probiotics) but really don't know which path to follow. All I can say is a cold compress soaked in real camomile tea was the only relief I could give her from the burning. 

Someone suggested on this forum of just rinsing with water after going to the toilet. Silly question but how to rinse - witha flannel or  dab with damp toilet paper? 

I am very grateful to all your comments and advice.

• Posted

Rinse with the help of a Perin bottle, the kind women receive at the hospital after dilivering a baby.  Fill with perhaps one pinch of baking soda and warm water.  Let her sit in a bath or sitz bath with a small amount of baking soda.  Brings also relieve.  After bath and or rinse cover with coconut oil or emu oil.  
    • Posted

There are definitely people on here trying to help their children. I remember a lady called JoHarvey taking part in a thread about a year ago regarding her 11 year old daughter. Try starting a new thread jayb97 that will attract the attention of others with similar concerns and experience of the same to share with you. Hug! And good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.