Confirmed hep C exposure what is my risk.

Posted , 1 user is following.

From October to January I was dating Guy A and living with him. In January i found out he lied about his testing status and slept with 23 women without telling me so we both went to get tested. I was negative for everything he had chylmadia but negative for everything else only thing we weren't tested for was herpes. He went to get a tattoo in late November early December. He told me in January he didnt want a long term with me so I started seeing someone else Guy B since I had negative tests. Guy B and I had started having sex in January, and we continue to hook up now and again. But I was still living with the guy A. I was still popping guy As pimples with probably little cuts on my cuticles because I pick my nails so there were at least scabs…and I'm sure I used his razor and tooth brush at some point. Guy B cheated on me so I slept with Guy A a handful of times somewhere between February and April. The latest I would've slept with guy A was april 19th, but I'm not sure when I wouldve last popped his pimples the latest for that would have been may 2nd. So I'm basing my last possible exposure to his blood as May 2nd as that's when I moved out and cut contact. April 28th i was tested again for all stis including hepatitis. All my results were negative. But Guy A was trying to donate blood this month about a week ago and he got a call saying he tested positive for hepatitis C. He called me the morning of June 29th to tell me to get checked. I have an appointment the 5th of July to get checked for it but I doubt I'll believe the results as it's not been 12 weeks since my last possible exposure and I know I was exposed. Guy A had several rounds of tattoo done and I know at work once in either march or april he was exposed to blood. And he has lupus so his immune system would have probably taken longer to show the anti bodies for hep c..so he couldve been infected from his first tattoo in November as the tattoo artist always had his stuff prepared before guy A entered the room..whatre the odds of me having contracted hep C from popping pimples pretty much nightly as he was cystic acne and potentially using his tooth brush and razor. And what are the chance of me having given it to guy B. I'm so scared. Guy A said he went to get tested the 29th of June to see if he had hep C but I don't know if that means they retested his antibodies because the whole batch of tested blood was positive or if they did the DNA testing to see if he has an active virus of it. Which cause he tested negative in January with me I think it's very likely he has an active virus with it. Sorry it's such a long post I wanted to leave as many details as possible to make it as correct as possible...I'm really scared and guy B his entire life would be ruined if I gave it to him....what do you think the odds of my having caught it from popping cystic acne with no gloves would be I know it's not sanitary but it's too late now. And if I do have it everything says its curable but I'm still seeing that there are transmission rates listed especially mother to child...I am female would I be able to have kids and not give it to them if im part of the group that can be cured...I've always wanted to get married and have a family and I feel like thsts out now...please help me. I feel like I've given it to everyone I love at this point.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.