Confirmed Lichenoid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been diagnosed with a lichenoid in keeping with Lichen Planus. No dysplasia.

I've been told not to worry but I've read so much about the potential malignant transformation. I also suffer from health anxiety so I'm probably scaring my self silly.

It's right next to a metal filling which I've only had a year. Can't help thinking its the tooth thats the problem.

Just looking for fellow sufferers really as everyone I've told has never heard of it!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i feel you. im in exact same boat. i am reaearchimg and have really considered gluten free, they also have autoimmune diet. google it...also i take tumeric daily and probiotic. where do you live?

• Posted

I'm in the UK, not sure how wide this forum goes.

I've not changed anything apart from my toothpaste.

It only really hurts if i stick my tongue to it. And the tooth has a filling which sticks out an angle so goes towards the cheek.

Really debating on changing the filling or even removing the tooth. So any success stories to anyone please share! My dentist said he'd do it but can't guarantee it will change anything. They also don't patch test.

I don't think my consultant favoured tumeric because she said avoid any random solutions available on the internet.

Wish it was wider known

• Posted

I've had it 17 years.

First they changed all my fillings free

But it made no difference.

It just kept going

I've had erosions for last 10 years and they just keep coming I've tried all sorts but nothing stops it. Steroids are the only thing that stops it for a while. But it comes back somewhere else.

Try not too worry it messes with your head and that's worse than the disease hug hug xx

• Posted

It does mess with your head. I'm a constant checker and its taken over the past 6 months like nothing else.

Its like i cant accept it, stupid I know! Thank you for responding 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.