Conflict of diets!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Here's my query. I'm doing WW, have been since May, Orlistat for a week. Whenever I knew I was going to have a naughty dinner, I would eat lean during the day, then use majority of my Points in the evening.

Tonight, I fancy fish and chips (it's Friday, it's the law!) On WW alone, this would've been fine, small lunch, save Points for dinner. However, on Orlistat, this is going to be a problem isn't it?

Do I just have to tell myself, \"I won't have fish and chips, I will just have chicken and rice, it's not forever\"?

Does anyone else ever have these problems or am I the only pathetically weak willed person here?!!

Amy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i dont know the answer to that one but u can always make ur own, be quite fun aswell.

why not buy some frozen white fish, (no batter) i buy mine from sainsbury for about £1.70ish. bung it in the oven. you could then do vegetable chips (parsnips,carrots sweet potatoes) and then it's alot healthier fish n chips.

if your desperate for the greasy fatty chips why not buy a small and share it!

• Posted

If your desperate for chips try Roosters Oven Chips 1.9g of fat per 100g. Taste great, kids won't eat any others.

Mandy

• Posted

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have to try both ideas, especially like the vegetable chip idea.

Have gone off the thought of them now anyway, worrying really that all I could think about at 9am was fish and chips, oh dear!

Amy

• Posted

i felt that way about chinese, desperate for it so i waited until i had a night where it didn't matter if i had an orange oil moment and then i ate what i would normally order and had no bad experiences, if you really want it then the only way of knowing the reaction is to try it, if you have no problems then having it as a 'once in a blue moon' treat isn't bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.