confused!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 20mg cit for 4 weeks now, the first 10 days were evil, just about every side effect going, there is one side effect that does'nt seem to be getting any better though, anyone else had a clenched jaw? could this be to do with seritonin levels as I know gurning appears when people take xtc. My jaw is painful now after 4 wks, please someone tell me this goes away as this is getting me more down coz i am paranoid that I look like a junkie. Reading through the posts on this site has been a massive help to my understanding of whats wrong with me, if sum1 could write back, just so I know i'm not on my own, thats how I feel alone and confused!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are definitely not on your own. Everyone has different reactions to Citalopram. The clenched jaw may be unusual but isn't unknown. Keep strong and I'm sure you'll see the benefits before long.
  • Posted

Hey, Ive started taking citalopram, and Ive noticed my jaws been stiffening up. Ive had problems with my jaw locking before and I thought that was just coming back, I didnt realise it was a side affect! Hope it gets better soon smile
  • Posted

I'm on my 10th dose today (& having a crap day! with side effects) - I've also noticed how I clench my teeth a lot more, I thought it was the anxiety showing in a different way - my jaw hurts too, I clench my fists a lot more too (everything seems like a white knuckle ride!) I also feel like my teeth are chattering to especially a few hours after taking it!! hope this helps...

You're not alone! x

• Posted

I'm on my 10th dose today (& having a crap day! with side effects) - I've also noticed how I clench my teeth a lot more, I thought it was the anxiety showing in a different way - my jaw hurts too, I clench my fists a lot more too (everything seems like a white knuckle ride!) I also feel like my teeth are chattering to especially a few hours after taking it!! hope this helps...

You're not alone! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.