Confused..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on mirtazapine for about 3/4 weeks now. When I first took them I had extreme tiredness.. Song with muscle aches and heart palpitations. After a week or so these symptoms seemed to go (minus the tiredness). These past three days I've been feeling dizzy constantly. Not so much dizzy.. More like off balance, I've also had problems with my visions, such as seeing little black floaters.. I know dizziness is a side affect but I didn't realise symptoms could kick in after two weeks. I've also been feeling more emotional and suicidal and I'm not quite sure why...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I found this happened to me around the month mark, the palpitations were horrible and Ii would reach for diazepam as i thought my heart was going to pack up! i thought i was sliding babkwards. I also got the floaters a couple of weeks back. (Strangely how you try to follow them lol) these symptoms will and do pass. My only symptoms now on week 9 are joint pains and eating too much!

Don't get discouraged, you will find these annoying side effects gradually fall away.

Wishing you better ♥

God bless x

• Posted

Sorry for your suffering Jackie.  The vision/floaters/fatigue are all well known side effects of Mirt I'm afraid, and quite common.

I would say if your mood has dipped and you are feeling at risk it would be time to go back to the doctor without delay, Mirtazapine doesn't suit everyone, and it can increase unwanted thoughts, so if this is happening to you, and youu feel at risk, take yourself off to the hospital. 

I hope you improve, keep strong, you'll find a way, and the right med' is there for you, sometimes it just takes a while to find it, it did for me also.

Best wishes x

• Posted

Hello, thank you for the reply. The do core informed by that my vision and dizziness was from the pill and she was aware of my thoughts. I'm now off the mirtazapine and she's giving me 50mg sertraline
    • Posted

Well I hope that works for you, maybe a little taper of the Mirt' might be better for you, to avoid the anx' and wd it sometimes causes?

But I think youu're right to get off Mirt', it can increased unwanted thoughts for some, others it can be really helpful ~ was for me when I was desperate.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.