Confused.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been reading on this site for a while now! Different peoples situations, and am still none the wiser! To much acid, to little acid! Take 72hrs in my life and the variation regards symptoms of acid reflux ( said with suspicions in mind) I eat normal meal take PPI'S, up in the night chocking, second day again eat don't take PPI'S but take digestion Enzyme, no problem in the night, next morning breakfast with digestion Enzyme feeling so so, plenty of burps, heart burn, now after 10km run, having coffee and a cheese panini ( a big no go) and no problem at all,  no burps, heart burn yet! Which road would you go down? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PPI’s are nasty, I’ve ditched them for Ox bile and digestive enzymes, I’ve only been on them 3 days, but my hearburn has disappeared, the first time in 20 years 😜. Only problem is there giving me Diarrhea 😲. I might need to reduce the dosage. Because I have chronic Gastritis, I’ve had really bad burning down the lining of my stomach, I dont feel that now. 😜. 

• Posted

Hi Gillian, thank the stars someone with some sense, some people might have acid reflux, but you can't have  to much acid!!!  The problem is? The body is not draining acid away naturally! ie something else is wrong? But the older we get we produce not enough acid, hence the food fermenting in the stomach mimicking acid reflux, if just digestion Enzyme supplements alone are the answer? 

• Posted

Hi Gillian I have gastritis and I have stopped taking PPI s too can u pls tell me which digestive enzymes r u taking thank u..

Samy

• Posted

Samy, Holland and Barrett Enzyme Digest! With peppermint oil. 

• Posted

I think most digestive problems could be eradicated if we can increase bile flow, always best to do it naturally of course, but Ox bile and digestive enzymes will help. Drinking water 20 mins before eating increases bile, eating greens, beetroot is excellent as well. Cinnamon is also good. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.