confused

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have had a biopsy and was given result of early inactive lichen sclerosus. given dermovate and info sheet to ease burning/raw sensations, i have never had itch. i am still not convinced this is the right treatmen/diagnosis as i am now having pain on my upper thighs and buttocks (like pins and needles/nerve pain?) as well as soreness when sitting, a suggestion of amitryptiline was also mentioned. i have tried epaderm and coconut oil as well as sudocrem and emulsifying lotion to keep moisturised. i use dermol to shower. Has anyone else similar symptoms? any other advice gratefully received

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

SO YOU'VE BEEN PROACTIVE AND CAUGHT things before further progression? Or you have it but its quiescent?

Can see why its confusing!! Can you give your GP a ring and ask him for his interpretation. The Consultant will have passed his/her view and proposed treatment plan back to your surgery.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that, Alison.. ;( and yes, i feel the same soreness and kind of nerve pain. The only one thing that gives me temporary relief is sex...maybe because of massage effect..not sure. Sports helps, it increases blood circulation there..

• Posted

I have follow up appointment with consultant, awaiting date. GPs are no use. i am just not getting any relief with no matter what i try. think it is because i am so wary of using dermovate!!
  • Posted

Alison.  Please let me know what else your doctor recommends. I have stopped using clobestasol and dermovate etc and just coasted without them because they did not really help.  There was no change in my condition because of them.  What actually helps is the level of my stress. 
  • Posted

I am actually more concerned about the discomfort on my thighs and bottom right now and wonder if this could be something else?

i have instillagel and wondered if that may give some relief. Would be great not to constantly think about this area! which i never ever had to look at before

• Posted

I got this when I started using the dermovate simply because I was using too much, and it was spreading in my sleep to the delicate skin on these areas. The skin on my upper thighs also became red and inflamed. When I learnt how much cream to apply ( pea sized amount max, and well rubbed in) everything settled down again. Hope this hepls.
  • Posted

I find Biorin's Arnica gel to be soothing and non invasive (for itching on the legs).  When I ran out of it and purchased Weleda Arnica gel, it was less effective but good enough.
  • Posted

Do look at the areas  that affect you - dont be afraid of the clobetasol- used properly most people dont have a bad reaction - but then there are those who are allergic to some or all of the ingredients

Burning raw sensations can be at the other end of the spectrum of The Itch!

Dont forget that LS is not to blame for every horrid sensation we have- Have you looked at your posture when sitting and the length of time you are immobile?

You may have contact dematitis from soap powders or certain fabrics / bath oils etc

I sometime find i have a rash on the buttocks cos i have been sitting far too long - car journeys etc - could be a sweat rash or even a yeast infection. Amitryptiline is an antidepressent for low mood states that will also help you to sleep a bit better

May be the medics are wanting to reduce your stress levels

When i get the rash i do use the canestan creams for a while - together with a mild steroid ointment on the buttocks and it clears up fairly quickly - but as someone mentioned over use of the clobetasol can poste problems too - check your routine and make a note of what you are doing- it helps to remember if it clears up and returns

• Posted

I am sore from sitting any length of time at the moment.  Nothing visible on the skin.  X-ray showed nothing unusual.  Did exercise my bottom mussles and then the pain travelled upward a bit.  Now closer to lumbar where I give it support when sitting. I'm trying to get into a new habit - not to sit too long.  E-mail has to wait when I'm able to sit with more ease.  

Don't know whether this is the same as what you have though.  Hard to tell. 

• Posted

I was diagnoised 2 years ago and have never experienced itching.  The undercarriage, as some refer to is almost transparent skin, stretched and then binding together as it advances.  I also had Lichen Plano, the gums were so very tender as well.  It appears that that has been stopped with a baby toothbrush each night on my gums and massage the gums.  A Florida sister in LS.  Good luck and take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.