Confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I have been suffering from post op frozen shoulder since my surgery (rotator cuff repaired) I had it done on January this year and got complications with frozen shoulder after 6 months , suddenly . The thing is The primary surgeon had asked me to continue PT but I was so much pain after 6 months and I saw another Dr who advised me to have cortisone and stop PT. He thought that Previous surgeon didn’t shave off bone spur as Acromion type 2 was seen in X-ray which would aggravate the tendon every time I do exercises and stretching. So, tendon would be torn again if I push myself . I had 2 crotison shots in between but didn’t improve at all. And I agin saw him on October and had an MRI which shows ‘Adhusive Capsulties’ and the repair is okay. I was going to have 2nd surgery on November but I did get a call from public hospital ( I am in Australia 🇦🇺wink 

GP suggested me that I can wait another month and see the public by which I would save 12K, at least. In addition, I went to public hospital yesterday and junior Dr thinks my anchor is little bit popped out which may have caused ‘impingement’ and has to be removed the anchor. He is not sure what to do and still needs to consult with the senior surgeon. I was so furious and called the private saying them I wanna proceed my surgery ahead but they say they can’t do any surgery on December and told me to see them after Xmas then they would do the documentation. 

Well, has anyone been in this situation just like me in dilemma having different opinions ? Anyone here from Australia 🇦🇺 has had their surgery in public and what do you think about public hospital  ? Please, share your thoughts!!!🙏🙏🙏

Thank you !!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just had mine done on Saturday at St Vincent’s private in Melbourne. Not sure the wait time for public but wasn’t prepared to wait as I currently have FS in both shoulders. 

I had different opinions from Physio’s and doctors and I just took it in, read up on the problems and decided from there. 

Public is pretty good here but as you know it’s the wait that’s the problem. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks for the response ! Actually, that referral for my ‘rotator cuff’ but I decided to have it done in overseas back home because of family and financial issues. However, I was going to do 2nd surgery here in Perth on November but got a call from public and scheduled for appointment in December 12. So, I decided to wait as per GP advised by which I would save the money. so, I saw them yesterday but not senior dr just junior doctor and he will discuss with the main surgeon then decide. After the appointment I called private but they are not going to do it on December and told me to see them after Xmas. I am thinking if I get a call from public before jan first week I would go for it , otherwise I will go with the private. I don’t wanna live with this dismofort and pain anymore. 

Btw, hows your recovery going ? How many days PT you see ? 

Good luck for your recovery and second surgery ! Merry Xmas !!! 

• Posted

I totally get it re the costs. Even though I went private through my health insurance my out of pocket expenses were ridiculous and almost too expensive. 

I guess you need to decide if you think the jnr Doctor can do it. 

The way I looked at it was simple, the pain was just too bad, I couldn’t work, sleep or anything, I still can’t but one side is done and once the pain is gone and movement is back I can focus on the other side and get back to normal one day. 

Strange about not doing it in December, my surgeon had me initially in for the 19th dec, I guess it’s different in some places. 

Good luck which ever way you go. 

• Posted

Yes! Radiologist said bone marrow edema which I had indicative of frozen shoulder and the surgeon threw that out the window said I have a bone spur and fraying of the rotator cuff... I am in a lot of pain and the therapist said I only have about half of usage of my shoulder.. so frustrating 
  • Posted

Try a massage. I went once a week for a couple months and pain is almost gone. Still go once a month now and have almost full mobility back. I did also take glucosamine, fish oil and collagen pills.  No doctors or physical therapy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.